From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pig pulling an older value from cassandra
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 20:42:36 GMT
Not yet - we've updated the CassandraStorage with a patch we've done for CASSANDRA-2869 to
see if that might indirectly do something to the inputs, but not sure it would affect that
part of it.

The hadoop default in ConfigHelper is CL ONE.  I need to do some more focused study of that
data.  We just have multiple things we're trying to get working properly so I haven't had
a chance yet.  For example, we have checked all the possible scripts to make sure we're not
introducing more of those, but haven't looked at the dates for those that we're seeing through
pig to see when those were added.  Things like that.

Thanks for the response and I'll update this thread when we find out more.

On Jul 8, 2011, at 3:30 PM, aaron morton wrote:

> Jeremy did you get anywhere with this ?
>
> If you are reading at CL ONE Read Repair will run in the background, so it may only be
visible to subsequent reads.

> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 6 Jul 2011, at 20:52, Jeremy Hanna wrote:
>
>> I'm seeing some strange behavior and not sure how it is possible.  We updated some
data using a pig script and that wrote back to cassandra.  We get the value and list the value
on the Cassandra CLI and it's the updated value - from MARKET to market.  However, when doing
a pig script to filter by the known good values, we are left with about 42k rows that still
have MARKET.  If we list a subset of them, get the key, and get/list them on the CLI, they
are lowercase market.