From Chandrasekhar M <chandrasekha...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Custom Authentication with Cassandra
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 19:55:08 GMT
Hi,

Appears to me that the CLI allows login even though there is an authentication exception.

At that point there is actually no user id/pwd, ie, both are empty strings.

If necessary, I can send the code, I am using for the CustomAuthentication.

Regards
Chandra

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Ellis [mailto:jbellis@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:33 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Custom Authentication with Cassandra

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:50 AM, Chandrasekhar M <chandrasekhar.m@impetus.co.in> wrote:
> If one logs into the client (Cassandra Cli) without a userid or
> password, an exception is thrown, but login happens into the shell as default@unknown.

Are you really authenticated at that point or does the cli just not know how to deal w/ auth
failure?

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Register for Impetus Webinar on ‘Device Side Performance Optimization of Mobile Apps’,
July 08 (10:00 am Pacific Time). Impetus is presenting a Cassandra case study on July 11 as
a sponsor for Cassandra SF 2011 in San Francisco.

Click http://www.impetus.com to know more. Follow us on www.twitter.com/impetuscalling

or interference.