From Chandrasekhar M <chandrasekha...@impetus.co.in>
Subject Thrift Java Client - Get a column family from a Keyspace
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 11:59:53 GMT
Hi

I have been playing around with Cassandra and its Java Thrift Client.

>From my understanding, one could get/retrieve a Keyspace, KsDef object, using the describe_keyspace(String
name) method on the Cassandra.Client object.

Subsequently, one could get a list of all the ColumnFamily definitions in a keyspace, using
the getCf_defs() method on the KsDef Object.

Is there a way to get a single ColumnFamily if I know the name of the columnfamily (just a
convenience function) ?

Currently the only way for that would be iterating through the list of column families returned
by the getCf_defs() method.

Thanks in Advance
Chandra

Register for Impetus Webinar on 'Device Side Performance Optimization of Mobile Apps', July
08 (10:00 am Pacific Time). Impetus is presenting a Cassandra case study on July 11 as a sponsor
for Cassandra SF 2011 in San Francisco.

Click http://www.impetus.com to know more. Follow us on www.twitter.com/impetuscalling

or interference.