From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Compacting manual managing and optimization
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 22:04:52 GMT
See the online help in cassandra-cli on CREATE / UPDATE COLUMN FAMILY for min_compaction_threshold
and max_compaction_threshold.

Also look in the cassandra.yaml file for information on configuring compaction.

If compaction is really hurting your system it may be a sign that you need to scale up or
make some other changes. What does your cluster look like ? # nodes, load per node, throughput,
# clients etc

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 22 Jul 2011, at 00:30, lebron james wrote:

> Hi! Tell me please, how i can manage compacting process, turn them off and start manualy
when i need. How i can improve performance of compacting process? Thanks!