From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Pig pulling an older value from cassandra
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 20:30:46 GMT
Jeremy did you get anywhere with this ?

If you are reading at CL ONE Read Repair will run in the background, so it may only be visible
to subsequent reads.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 6 Jul 2011, at 20:52, Jeremy Hanna wrote:

> I'm seeing some strange behavior and not sure how it is possible.  We updated some data
using a pig script and that wrote back to cassandra.  We get the value and list the value
on the Cassandra CLI and it's the updated value - from MARKET to market.  However, when doing
a pig script to filter by the known good values, we are left with about 42k rows that still
have MARKET.  If we list a subset of them, get the key, and get/list them on the CLI, they
are lowercase market.