From Vivek Mishra <vivek.mis...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: flushing issue
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 06:59:32 GMT
Thanks Aaron.
Yes problem was occurring when starting 1 client as a embedded Cassandra Server. Memtables
doesn't flush if there is no data in associate CFs. Thrift does take care of this. Additionally
on restarting Cassandra server it picked it up from commit logs as part of migration.

Cheers,
Vivek

From: aaron morton [mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 6:09 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: flushing issue

When you say using CassandraServer do you mean an embedded cassandra server ? What process
did you use to add the Keyspaces ? Adding a KS via the thrift API should take care of everything.

The simple test is stop the server and the clients, start the server again and see if the
KS is defined by using nodetool cfstats.

Cheers
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton