From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Details of 'nodetool move'
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 01:33:45 GMT
Use move when you need to change the token distribution, e.g. To re-balance the ring.

During decommission writes that would go to the old node will also (I think, may be instead
off) go to the node that will later be responsible for the old nodes range. Same thing when
a node enters the ring, it will also be sent writes while it is bootstrapping.

Cheers
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton