From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Pig pulling an older value from cassandra
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 03:52:15 GMT
I'm seeing some strange behavior and not sure how it is possible.  We updated some data using
a pig script and that wrote back to cassandra.  We get the value and list the value on the
Cassandra CLI and it's the updated value - from MARKET to market.  However, when doing a pig
script to filter by the known good values, we are left with about 42k rows that still have
MARKET.  If we list a subset of them, get the key, and get/list them on the CLI, they are
lowercase market.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how this might be possible?  Our read repair chance is set
to 1.0.

Jeremy