From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Problems Iterating over tokens in > 0.7.5
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 01:19:37 GMT
If you still have problems send through some details of where you get incorrect results.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 6/07/2011, at 3:23 AM, Anand Somani <meatforums@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Using thrift and get_range_slices call with tokenrange. Using Random Partionioner. Have
only tried this on > 0.7.5
> Used to work in 0.6.4 or earlier version for me , but I notice that it does not work
for me anymore. The need is to iterate over a token range to do some bookkeeping.
> The logic is use
> TokenRange from describe_ring
> and then for each range
> set the start and end token
> get a batch of rows using get_range_slices
> Then use the last token from the batch to set the start_token and repeat (get the next
batch). iterate until no more to get (or last from new batch is same as last from previous
batch)
> Now this works when in a test I insert n records and then for iterating use a batch size
m such that m > n. As soon as I use m < n, I get incorrect count or an infinite loop
where the range seems to repeat.

> Anybody seen this issue or am I using it incorrectly for newer versions of cassandra?
I will also look up how this is done in Hector, but in the meantime if somebody has seen this
behavior, please do respond.