From mcasandra <>
Subject How are column sort handled?
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:25:28 GMT
Trying to understand the overhead when multiple columns are spread accross
ssTables. For eg: Key K1 column b and c are in ssTable 1 and column a in
ssTable 2. As I understand columns in a given row are sorted at the time
it's stored. So does it mean that when "a" goes to ssTable 2 it also fetches
column "b" and "c" from ssTable 1 and writes a,b,c in ssTable 2? Or in this
case the sorting occurs on the columnSlice read call?

When ssTables are merged I am sure they are stored in sorted order but not
sure in the case above.

Sent from the mailing list archive at

View raw message