From jonathan.co...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Re: Repair question - why is so much data transferred?
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 15:43:32 GMT
from ticket 2818:
"One (reasonably simple) proposition to fix this would be to have repair
schedule validation compactions across nodes one by one (ie, one CF/range
at a time), waiting for all nodes to return their tree before submitting
the next request. Then on each node, we should make sure that the node will
start the validation compaction as soon as requested. For that, we probably
want to have a specific executor for validation compaction"

.. This was the way I thought repair worked.

Anyway, in our case, we only have one CF, so I'm not sure if both issues
apply to my situation.

Thanks. Looking forward to the release where these 2 things are fixed.