On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Khanh Nguyen <email@example.com>
I'm struggling to set up a cassandra cluster with
ByteOrderedPartitioner using whirr. (I'm not sure if the issue is
caused by Cassandra or Whirr so I cc-ed both lists).
Here are the steps I took
- use whirr to lauch a cassandra (version 0.8) cluster
- ssh into each instances and do
1) kill cassandra
2) edit "partitioner" field in cassandra.yaml from
3) edit 'JMX_PORT" in cassandra-env.sh from 7199 to 8080 (whirr bind
JMX to port 8080)
3) delete "/var/lib/cassandra/data"
4) run cassandra again
in the end, I got my cluster back but when I do 'describe cluster'
inside cassandra-cli, it shows the cluster is still running
RandomPartitioner. What am I missing? Thanks.