Again I don't really know the specifics of Solandra but in Solr (so Solandra being a cousin of Solr it should be true too) you have XML fields like this :
<fields name="hashedpassword" stored=true/false indexed=true/false>
Just turn indexed to false and it's not going to be indexed...

Thrift won't affect Solandra at all.