I think the OP was asking if you can use the same Cassandra cluster that Solandra is integrated with to store non-Solandra in a different keyspace. This would remove the need to run two Cassandra clusters, one for storing his Solandra index, and another for his other data.

I'm not sure if Solandra supports this, but I would start by checking to see if the Cassandra thrift daemon is binding when running the Solandra server. If the thrift daemon for cassandra is available , then there is a good chance (albeit, I'm not sure how you would configure it) that it would be possible, so long as you didn't mess with the Solandra keyspace.

cheers,
-kirk