Hi,

So if I understand Solandra.

All the data are in Solandra and you can query them like you would normaly with a normal Cassandra setup and search through them.

The data from the indexing of Solr is stored in Cassandra column family...

Second, question. I have Thrift already install will it affect my setup of Solandra?

Thrid question: my passwords (yes, I know, I will hash them :) I am no Sony) even hash I don't want them to be index by Solr in Solandra; is there a way to stop Solandra from indexing the hash passwords or any other data or should I put this information in another DB?

Is Solandra as stable as Cassandra?

Sorry, I am just EXTREMELY curious! :)

Thanks allot for your time and help!

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 8:29 PM, Jake Luciani <jakers@gmail.com> wrote:
On Saturday, June 4, 2011, Kirk Peterson <necrobious@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the OP was asking if you can use the same Cassandra cluster that Solandra is integrated with to store non-Solandra in a different keyspace. This would remove the need to run two Cassandra clusters, one for storing his Solandra index, and another for his other data.

Yes. Both services are running. Cassandra thrift and solr

--
http://twitter.com/tjake

--
Name / Nom: Boulay Desjardins, Jean-Nicolas
Website / Site Web: www.jeannicolas.com