I use ElasticSearch myself. Which is a distributed Lucene.

http://www.elasticsearch.org

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 1:56 AM, Mark Kerzner <markkerzner@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I need to store, say, 10M-100M documents, with each document having say 100 fields, like author, creation date, access date, etc., and then I want to ask questions like

give me all documents whose author is like abc**, and creation date any time in 2010 and access date in 2010-2011, and so on, perhaps 10-20 conditions, matching a list of some keywords.

What's best, Lucene, Katta, Cassandra CF with secondary indices, or plan scan and compare of every record?

Thanks a bunch!

Mark

Paul Loy
paul@keteracel.com