From Shay Assulin <>
Subject Row cache
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:46:39 GMT

I am running Cassandra 0.7.4 and I monitor the nodes using JConsole.

I am trying to figure out  the location Cassandra read the returned rows
and there are few strange things...

1. I am reading few rows (using Hector) and the
remains 0 -  It remains 0 with MEMTable and after flushing the MEMTable.
2. The column family  is configured to run with row-cache and key-cache
and although I am reading the same row over and over the row-cache
size/requests remains 0. The key-cache size/requests attributes are

Why Cassandra does not cache a row that was requested few times?
What the ReadCount attribute in ColumnFamilies indicates and why it
remains zero.
How can I know from where Cassandra read a row (from MEMTable,RowCache or
does the following correct? In read operation Cassandra looks for the row
in the MEMTable - if not found it looks in the row-cache - if not found it
looks in SSTable (after looking in the key-cache to optimize the access to
the SSTable)?

View raw message