From Terje Marthinussen <tmarthinus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RAID or no RAID
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 23:58:43 GMT
If you have a quality HW raid controller with proper performance (and far from all have good
performance) you cam definitely benefit from a battery backed up write cache on it, although
the benefits will not be huge on raid 0.

Unless you get a really good price on that high performance  HW raid with battery backup,
it is probably not worth it for raid 0.

When that is said, raid 5 is pretty speedy as well with a good controller with battery cache
so don't rule that out if you have the controller anyway and may save you from some manual
recover operations..

Regards,
Terje