From Michal August├Żn <augustyn.mic...@gmail.com>
Subject get_indexed_slices ~ simple map-reduce
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 07:23:27 GMT
Hi all,

I'm thinking of get_indexed_slices function as a simple map-reduce job
(that just maps) - am I right?

Well, I would like to be able to run simple queries on values but I
don't want to install Hadoop, write map-reduce jobs in Java (the whole
application is in C# and I don't want to introduce new development
stack - maybe Pig would help) and have some second interface to
Cassandra (in addition to Thrift). So secondary indexes seem to be
rescue for me. I would have just one indexed column that will have
day-timestamp value (~100k items per day) and the equality expression
for this column would be in each query (and I would add more ad-hoc
expressions).
Will this scenario work or is there some issue I could run in?

Thanks!

Augi