From Wojciech Pietrzok <kosci...@gmail.com>
Subject Secondary indexes performance
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:04:52 GMT
Hello,

I've noticed that queries using secondary indexes seems to be getting
rather slow.
Right now I've got an Column Family with 4 indexed columns (plus 5-6
non indexed columns, column values are small), and around 1,5-2
millions of rows. I'm using pycassa client and query using
get_indexed_slices method that returns over 10k rows (in batches of
1024 rows) can take up to 30 seconds. Is it normal? Seems too long for
me.

Maybe there's a way to tune Cassandra config for better secondary
indexes performance?

Using Cassandra 0.7.6

--
KosciaK