From Jake Luciani <>
Subject Re: When should I use Solandra?
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 00:29:32 GMT
On Saturday, June 4, 2011, Kirk Peterson <> wrote:
> I think the OP was asking if you can use the same Cassandra cluster that Solandra is
integrated with to store non-Solandra in a different keyspace. This would remove the need
to run two Cassandra clusters, one for storing his Solandra index, and another for his other

Yes. Both services are running. Cassandra thrift and solr

> I'm not sure if Solandra supports this, but I would start by checking to see if the Cassandra
thrift daemon is binding when running the Solandra server. If the thrift daemon for cassandra
is available , then there is a good chance (albeit, I'm not sure how you would configure it)
that it would be possible, so long as you didn't mess with the Solandra keyspace.
> cheers,
> -kirk
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Norman Maurer <> wrote:
> Are you sure you really need cassandra for this ? For me it sounds
> like mysql or other databases would be a better fit for you (if you
> don't need to store a very hugh amount of data...)
> Bye,
> Norman
> 2011/6/4 Jean-Nicolas Boulay Desjardins <>:
>> Hi,
>> I am planning to use Cassandra to store my users passwords and at the same
>> time data for my website that need to be accessible via search. My Question
>> is should I use two DB: Cassandra (for users passwords) and Solandra (for
>> the websites data) or can I put everything in Solandra?
>> Is there a way to stop Solandra from indexing my users passwords?
>> Thanks in advance for any help.
> --
> ⑆⑆necrobious⑈

View raw message