From Sasha Dolgy <>
Subject Re: How to create data model from RDBMS ERD
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 16:48:45 GMT
you can create the inverted index in the same CF ... just means you
would have potentially lots more rows ...

do you have a use-case or hypothetical you can share?  if not ... here's one.  it has an RDBMs suggested

how would you model that? self serving as it's my plan today / tomorrow ....

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 6:43 PM, mcasandra <> wrote:
> How should one go about creating a data model from RDBMS ER into Big Table
> Data model? For eg: RDBMS has many indexes required for queries and I think
> this is the most important aspect when desiging the data model in Big Table.
> I was initially planning to denormalize into one CF and use secondary
> indexes. However I also read that creating secondary indexes have
> performance impact. So other option is to create inverted index. But it also
> seems to be bad to have too many CFs. We have requirements to support high
> volume min of 500 writes + 500 reads per sec.
> What would you advise?

View raw message