From Colin Taylor <colin.tay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Loading Keyspace from YAML in 0.8
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 02:20:10 GMT
Its ugly for integration testing ...

Socket socket = new Socket("127.0.0.1", 9170);
        final OutputStream cli = socket.getOutputStream();
        log.info("loading schema via cli");
        new PrintWriter(cli).print(new String(readFully(new
FileInputStream("cassandra-schema"))));
        cli.close();

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 4:17 AM, Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1234@gmail.com> wrote:
> In 0.8 (and 0.7) you can have a script that you create that you can run on the CLI that
creates your schema.  We create something like a ddl file and run it on a new cluster.  You
just pass it to the cli with -f <file.txt>.

> On Jun 3, 2011, at 11:14 AM, Paul Loy wrote:
>
>> We embed cassandra in our app. When we first load a cluster, we specify one node
in the cluster as the seed node. This node installs the schema using StorageService.instance.loadKeyspacesFromYAML().
This call has disappeared in 0.8.