From Les Hazlewood <...@katasoft.com>
Subject Re: 99.999% uptime - Operations Best Practices?
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 23:12:56 GMT

> > [1] http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.8/operations/index
> > [2] http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations
> >

> Well if they new some secret gotcha the dutiful cassandra operators of
> the world would update the wiki.

As I am new to the Cassandra community, I don't know how 'dutifully' this is
maintained.  My questions were not unreasonable question given the nature of
open-source documentation.  All I was looking for was what people thought
were best practices based on their own production experience.

Telling me to read the mailing lists and follow the issue tracker and use
monitoring software is all great and fine - and I do all of these things
today already - but this is a philosophical recommendation that does not
actually address my question.  So I chalk this up as an error on my side in
not being clear in my question - my apologies.  Let me reformulate it :)

Does anyone out there have any concrete recommended techniques or insights
in maintaining a HA Cassandra cluster that you've gained based on production
experience beyond what is described in the 2 links above?

Thanks,

Les