From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: Cassandra JVM GC settings
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 03:34:19 GMT
It would help if you can provide some log messages from the GCInspector so people can see how
much GC is going on.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer

On 17 Jun 2011, at 02:46, Sebastien Coutu wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> I'm seeing Cassandra GC a lot and I would like to tune the Young space and the Tenured
space. Anyone would have recommendations on the NewRatio or NewSize/MaxNewSize to use for
an environment where Cassandra has several column families and in which we are doing a mixed
load of reading and writing. The JVM has 8G of heap space assigned to it and there are 9 nodes
to this cluster.
> Thanks for the comments!
> S├ębastien Coutu

View raw message