From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra JVM GC settings
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 03:34:19 GMT
It would help if you can provide some log messages from the GCInspector so people can see how
much GC is going on.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 17 Jun 2011, at 02:46, Sebastien Coutu wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm seeing Cassandra GC a lot and I would like to tune the Young space and the Tenured
space. Anyone would have recommendations on the NewRatio or NewSize/MaxNewSize to use for
an environment where Cassandra has several column families and in which we are doing a mixed
load of reading and writing. The JVM has 8G of heap space assigned to it and there are 9 nodes
to this cluster.