incubator-cassandra-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chirag Patel <chiragpat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Clients for Java
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 01:39:34 GMT
+2 Hector..

We have been using Hector 0.7 for a while now..have not had any issues with it so far...also
hector community is very active...

We have not tried new API yet..

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 18, 2011, at 3:04 PM, Rajesh Koilpillai <rajesh.koilpillai@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 to Hector (especially with the changes made in the latest version of their API)
> 
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 12:01 AM, Steve Willcox <swillcox@rallydev.com> wrote:
> I'm using Hector. 
> 
> The main contributor Nate McCall is very active and responsive to any issues. The Hector
community is very active.
> 
>  I've been using Java for a long time and I disagree that the client is more complex
than the underlying Thrift client. The latest version of Hector has made large gains in simplifying
the API. It has connection caching, load balancing and failover build into its client. 
> 
> I found it easy to use and stable. My code has been in production since April 2011 and
we've not had one Hector issue yet.
> 
> Hope that helps
> 
> Steve W.
> 
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Daniel Colchete <dani@cloud3.tc> wrote:
> Good day everyone!
> 
> I'm getting started with a new project and I'm thinking about using Cassandra because
of its distributed quality and because of its performance.
> 
> I'm using Java on the back-end. There are many many things being said about the Java
high level clients for Cassandra on the web. To be frank, I see problems with all of the java
clients. For example, Hector and Scale7-pelops have new semantics on them that are neither
Java's or Cassandra's, and I don't see much gain from it apart from the fact that it is more
complex. Also, I was hoping to go with something that was annotation based so that it wouldn't
be necessary to write boilerplate code (again, no gain). 
> 
> Demoiselle Cassandra seems to be one option but I couldn't find a download for it. I'm
new to Java in the back-end and I find that maven is too much to learn just because of a client
library. Also it seems to be hard to integrate with the other things I use on my project (GWT,
GWT-platform, Google Eclipse Plugin).
> 
> Kundera looks great but besides not having a download link (Google site link to Github,
that links to Google site, but no download) its information is partitioned on many blog posts,
some of them saying things I couldn't find on its website. One says it uses Lucandra for indexes
but that is the only place talking about it, no documentation about using it. It doesn't seem
to support Cassandra 0.8 also. Does it?
> 
> I would like to hear from the users here what worked for you guys. Some real world project
in production that was good to write in Java, where the client was stable and is maintained.
What are the success stories of using Cassandra with Java. What would you recommend?
> 
> Thank you very much!
> 
> Best,
> -- 
> Dani
> Cloud3 Tech - http://cloud3.tc/ 
> Twitter: @DaniCloud3 @Cloud3Tech
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Thanks,
> - Rajesh Koilpillai

Mime
View raw message