From Jonathan Colby <jonathan.co...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: simple question about merged SSTable sizes
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 17:59:55 GMT
Thanks Ryan.  Done that : )   1 TB is the striped  size.    We might look into bigger disks
for our blades.

On Jun 22, 2011, at 7:09 PM, Ryan King wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Jonathan Colby
> <jonathan.colby@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for the explanation.  I'm still a bit "skeptical".
>>
>> So if you really needed to control the maximum size of compacted SSTables,  you need
to delete data at such a rate that the new files created by compaction are less than or equal
to the sum of the segments being merged.

>> Is anyone else running into really large compacted SSTables that gave you trouble
with hard disk capacity?  How did you deal with it?

>> We have 1 TB disks in our nodes, but keeping in mind we need to have at least 50%
for the worst case compaction scenario I'm still a bit worried that one day we're going to
hit a dead end.