From Selva Kumar <wwgse...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Multi data center configuration - A question on read correction
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:43:46 GMT
Thanks Jonathan. Can we turn off RR by READ_REPAIR_CHANCE.= 0. Please advice.

Selva

________________________________
From: Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Sent: Tue, June 14, 2011 8:59:41 PM
Subject: Re: Multi data center configuration - A question on read correction

That's just read repair sending MD5s of the data for comparison.  So
net traffic is light.

You can turn off RR but the downsides can be large.  Turning it down
to say 10% can be reasonable tho.

But again, if network traffic is your concern you should be fine.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra