From Stephen Pope <Stephen.P...@quest.com>
Subject CommitLog replay
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:02:31 GMT
Hi there. This is my first message to the mailing list, so let me know if I'm doing it wrong.
:)

I've got a single node deployment of 0.8 set up on my windows box. When I insert a bunch of
data into it, the commitlogs directory doesn't clear upon completion (should it?). As a result,
when I stop and restart Cassandra it replays all the commitlogs, then starts compacting (which
seems like it's taking a long time). While it's compacting it won't talk to my test client.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Steve