From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: RAID or no RAID
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 04:33:04 GMT
> Not sure what the intended purpose is, but we've mostly used it as an emergency disk-capacity-increase
option

Thats what I've used it for.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 28 Jun 2011, at 15:55, Dan Kuebrich wrote:

> Not sure what the intended purpose is, but we've mostly used it as an emergency disk-capacity-increase
option.  It's not as good as raid because each disk size is counted individually (a compacted
sstable can only be on one disk) so compaction size limits aren't expanded as one might expect.