From Vivek Mishra <vivek.mis...@impetus.co.in>
Subject Create columnFamily
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 07:06:29 GMT
I understand that I might be missing something on my end. But somehow I cannot get this working
using Cassandra-cli:

[default@key1] create column family supusers with comparator=UTF8Type and default_validation_class=UTF8Type
and key_validation_class=UTF8Type and column_type=Super;

59e2e950-9bd4-11e0-0000-242d50cf1fbf
Waiting for schema agreement...
... schemas agree across the cluster

SuperColumn family got created.

Issued
[default@key1] assume supusers keys as ascii;

But still it is failing for:

[default@key1] set supusers['31']['address']['city']='noida';

org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.MarshalException: cannot parse 'city' as hex bytes

Please suggest, what am I doing incorrect here?

Write to us for a Free Gold Pass to the Cloud Computing Expo, NYC to attend a live session
by Head of Impetus Labs on 'Secrets of Building a Cloud Vendor Agnostic PetaByte Scale Real-time
Secure Web Application on the Cloud '.

Looking to leverage the Cloud for your Big Data Strategy ? Attend Impetus webinar on May 27
by registering at http://www.impetus.com/webinar?eventid=42 .

or interference.