From Daning <dan...@netseer.com>
Subject Query indexed column with key filter‏
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 17:31:42 GMT
I found this code

         // Start and finish keys, *and* column relations (KEY>  foo AND KEY<  bar and
name1 = value1).
         if (select.isKeyRange()&&  (select.getKeyFinish() != null)&&  (select.getColumnRelations().size()>
 0))
             throw new InvalidRequestException("You cannot combine key range and by-column
clauses in a SELECT");

in

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/cql/QueryProcessor.java

This operation is exactly what I want - query by column then filter by
key. I want to know why this query is not supported, and what's the good
work around for it? At this moment my workaound is to create a column
which is exactly same as key.

Thanks,

Daning