From AJ ...@dude.podzone.net>
Subject Re: No Transactions: An Example
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 23:31:34 GMT
On 6/23/2011 7:37 AM, Trevor Smith wrote:
> AJ,
>
> Thanks for your input. I don't fully follow though how this would work
> with a bank scenario. Could you explain in more detail?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Trevor

I don't know yet.  I'll be researching that.  My working procedure is to
figure out a way to handle each class of problem that ACID addresses and
see if there is an acceptable way to compensate or manage it on the
client or business side; following the ideas in the article.  I bet
solutions exist somewhere.  In short, the developer needs to be fully
versed in the potential problems that could arise and have ways to deal
with it.  It's added responsibility for the developer, but if it keeps
the infrastructure simple with reduced maintenance costs by not having
to integrate another service such as ZK/Cages (as useful as they indeed
are) then it may be worth it.  I'll let you know what I conclude.