From Don Ledford <don.ledf...@surfworx.com>
Subject Re: Storing files in blob into Cassandra
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 03:40:40 GMT
On 06/22/2011 01:23 AM, Damien Picard wrote:
>  >store your images / documents / etc. somewhere and reference them
>  >in Cassandra.  That's the consensus that's been bandied about on this
>  >list quite frequently

I store large files in Cassandra using columns for file blocks.   I have
a simple blob class over the top of this which handles input and output
streaming so reads/writes are only one column at a time. I don't have
time to post the details, but it's pretty simple - each blob has it's
own key and it's blocks are the columns. Column names are essentially
the block number.

I prefer this since there's no need to deal with yet another disk store
and it's associated security, redundancy, and cost.

- Don