From AJ ...@dude.podzone.net>
Subject NTS Replication Strategy - only replicating to a subset of data centers
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 22:58:17 GMT
I'm just double-checking, but when using NTS, is it required to specify
ALL the data centers in the strategy_options attribute?

IOW, I do NOT want replication to ALL data centers; only a two of the
three.  So, if my property file snitch describes all of the existing
data centers and nodes as:

$CASSANDRA_HOME/conf/cassandra-topology.properties:

# Cassandra Node IP=Data Center:Rack
175.1.1.1=DC1:RAC1
175.2.1.1=DC2:RAC1
175.3.1.1=DC3:RAC1
# default for unknown nodes
default=DC1:rac1

Can I specify strategy_options as:

strategy_options=[{DC1:2, DC2:1}]

and just leave out DC3 entirely?

If not, will setting the last one to 0 work?:

strategy_options=[{DC1:2, DC2:1, DC3:0}]

Thanks!