From AJ ...@dude.podzone.net>
Subject Re: No Transactions: An Example
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 22:34:49 GMT
I think Sasha's idea is worth studying more.  Here is a supporting read
referenced in the O'Reilly Cassandra book that talks about alternatives
to 2-phase commit and synchronous transactions:

http://www.eaipatterns.com/ramblings/18_starbucks.html

If it can be done without locks and the business can handle a rare
incomplete transaction, then this might be acceptable.