From AJ ...@dude.podzone.net>
Subject Re: Backups, Snapshots, SSTable Data Files, Compaction
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 18:40:30 GMT
Thanks to everyone who responded thus far.

On 6/7/2011 10:16 AM, Benjamin Coverston wrote:
<snip>
> Not to say that there aren't workloads where having many TB/Node
> doesn't work, but if you're planning to read from the data you're
> writing you do want to ensure that your working set is stored in memory.

Thank you Ben.  Can you elaborate some more on the above point?  Are you
referring to the OS's working set or the Cassandra caches?  Why exactly
do I need to ensure this?

I am also wondering if there is any reason I should segregate my
frequently write/read smallish data set (such as usage statistics) from
my bulk mostly read-only data set (static content) into separate CFs if
the schema allows it.  Would this be of any benefit?