From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Replication-aware compaction
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 11:36:21 GMT
Are you talking about minor (automatic) compactions ? Can you provide some more information
on what's happening to make the node unusable and what version you are using? It's not lightweight
process, but it should not hurt the node that badly. It is considered an online operation.

Delaying compaction will only make it run for longer and take more resources.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton