From Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com>
Subject Re: New web client & future API
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:29:02 GMT
On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 09:49 -0400, Victor Kabdebon wrote:
> Actually from what I understood (please correct me if I am wrong) CQL
> is based on Thrift / Avro.

In this project, we tend to use the word "Thrift" as a sort of shorthand
for "Cassandra's RPC interface", and not, "The serialization and RPC
framework from the Apache Thrift project".

CQL does not (yet )have its own networking protocol, so it uses Thrift
as a means of delivering queries, and serializing the results, but it is
*not* a wrapper around the existing RPC methods.  The query string you
provide is parsed entirely on the server.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com