From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: New web client & future API
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 22:04:53 GMT
AFAIK...

Avro is dead.

Thrift is the current API and currently the only full featured API.

CQL is a possible future API, given community support and development time it may become the
only API. The initial release is not feature complete (e.g. missing some DDL  statements)
and still uses thrift as the wire protocol.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton