Hello,

Actually I did not have the patience to discover more on what's going on. I had to drop the CF and start from scratch.

Even though there were no writes to those particular columns, while reading at CL.ONE
there was a 50% chance that
- The query returned the correct value (51664)
- The query returned a non-sense value (18651001) (I say this is non-sense because the there were not more than 52K increment requests and all increments are actually +1 increments)

Aftet starting from scratch; I'm writing with CL.ONE and reading with CL.QUORUM. Things seems to work fine.

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Sylvain Lebresne <sylvain@datastax.com> wrote:
On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Utku Can Top├žu <utku@topcu.gen.tr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using the the 0.8.0-rc1, with RF=2 and 4 nodes.
>
> Strangely counters are corrupted. Say, the actual value should be : 51664
> and the value that cassandra sometimes outputs is: either 51664 or 18651001.

What does sometimes means in that context ? Is it like some query
returns the former and some other the latter ? Does it alternate in
the value returned despite no write coming in or does this at least
stabilize to one of those value. Could you give more details on how
this manifests itself. Does it depends on which node you connect to
for the request for instance, does querying at QUORUM solves it ?