Marcus,
            Can u please tell me how to do that??? I was just following the instructions in the README file that came with the package.

Thanks and Regards,
Amrita

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Marcus Bointon <marcus@synchromedia.co.uk> wrote:
On 30 May 2011, at 10:59, Amrita Jayakumar wrote:

> I am new to cassandra. I am trying to start the Cassandra single node setup using the command
> bin/cassandra -f. But there is no response from the prompt.. this is what it shows

I'm new to this too, but I think you're looking at the wrong thing. cassandra -f is not an interactive mode, it just runs the server in the foreground and shows you log output, which is useful for debugging server config. The output you have looks like it's working fine. You need to start another terminal and connect to it from a cassandra client.

Marcus