It looks like it's an issue with Ubuntu 9.10 (or my install of 9.10).  Tried on a machine running 10.04 and it works fine...

On 30 April 2011 12:35, Dan Washusen <dan@reactive.org> wrote:
Thanks for the response. :)

I should have also mentioned that I'm running this on Ubuntu Karmic Koala (9.10).

The output of `sudo aptitude full-upgrade` looks the same as safe-upgrade:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done

Here is the output of 'apt-cache policy && apt-cache policy cassandra':

On 30 April 2011 11:18, Eric Evans <eevans@rackspace.com> wrote:
On Sat, 2011-04-30 at 09:34 +1000, Dan Washusen wrote:
> > sudo aptitude update
>
> sudo aptitude safe-upgrade
>

> The upgrade shows this:
>
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree
> > Reading state information... Done
> > Reading extended state information
> > Initializing package states... Done
> > No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
> > 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and *1 not
> upgraded*.
> > Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree
> > Reading state information... Done
> > Reading extended state information
> > Initializing package states... Done
>

> The above mentions that 1 package wasn't upgraded (I assume this is
> 0.7.5).
>  Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Usually this means that upgrading would install a new package (i.e. that
it picked up a new dependency), which shouldn't be the case.  You might
try an `aptitude full-upgrade' just to see what that might be.  You
could also try pasting the output of `apt-cache policy && apt-cache
policy cassandra' to the list.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com