Could you provide some of the log messages when the receiver ran out of disk space ? Sounds like it should be at ERROR level.

Thanks

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton

On 6 May 2011, at 09:16, Sameer Farooqui wrote:

Just wanted to update you guys that we turned on DEBUG level logging on the decommissioned node and the node receiving the decommissioned node's range. We did this by editing <cassandra-home>/conf/log4j-server.properties and changing the log4j.rootLogger to DEBUG.

We ran decommission again and saw the that the receiving node was running out of disk space. The 184GB file was not able to fully stream to the receiving node.

We simply added more disk space to the receiving node and then decommission ran successfully.

Thanks for your help Aaron and also thanks for all those Cassandra articles on your blog. We found them helpful.

- Sameer
Accenture Technology Labs