Looking at the code for the snapshot it looks like it does not include secondary indexes. And I cannot see a way to manually trigger an index rebuild (via CFS.buildSecondaryIndexes())

Looking at this it's probably handy to snapshot them https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2470

I'm not sure if there is a reason for excluding them. Is this causing a problem right now ?

Aaron