From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: problems using property snitch file
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 19:26:47 GMT
Looking at the code the exception below can happen if the ip address cannot be found in the
topology and there is no default set.

To test this theory set the logging the DEBUG and look for a log message from the PropertyFileSnitch
that says
"Could not find end point information for {}, will use default" {} will be the endpoint.

Also during startup the snitch will log what it was able to read so you can check it is read
what you think.

I there is a problem with the topology that would probably explain the other error.

If that does not fix it can you provide the keyspace definition, and settings such as listen_address
and rpc_address .

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 17 May 2011, at 03:44, Anurag Gujral wrote:

> All lines have different IP address,yes I am trying to move single node in DC1
> Thanks
> Anurag
>
> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 3:19 AM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> Do all the lines have the same IP address or is that just how you redacted them ?
>
> is the single node in DC1 the one you are moving?
>
> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 16 May 2011, at 12:28, Anurag Gujral wrote:
>
>> IPAddress1=DC1:RAC1
>> IPAddress1=DC2:RAC1
>> IPAddress1=DC2:RAC1
>> IPAddress1=DC2:RAC1
>>
>> Thanks
>> Anurag
>>
>> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 4:52 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
>> Whats does your cassandra-topology.properties file look like ?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> -----------------
>> Aaron Morton
>> Freelance Cassandra Developer
>> @aaronmorton
>> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>>
>> On 14 May 2011, at 11:48, Anurag Gujral wrote:
>>
>> > Hi All,
>> >           I have built a cassandra cluster which is using property snitch file
to specify my network topology to cassandra.The keyspace I have use network topology strategy.

>> > When I tried to add new node to this cluster,I get the following error:
>> > RROR [main] 2011-05-13 23:45:44,152 AbstractCassandraDaemon.java (line 333)
Exception encountered during startup.