From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: nodetool move in cassandra
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 10:43:51 GMT
nodetool move decommissions the node then bootstraps it back . I've not checked the code but
decommission will only send the data it needs to the other nodes, and I believe bootstrap
can do that same but I am not sure.

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations#Moving_nodes

Aaron

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 13 May 2011, at 12:22, Anurag Gujral wrote:

> Hi All,
>            I want to change the token for my cassandra node from T to T+1. It appears
that cassandra in this case brings  all the data from the other nodes(which basically mean
i can only do move token if RF is > 1 for my cluster) . Does cassandra node whose token
I am changing looks at the data stored locally also since it can get that data locally.