From Anton Belyaev <anton.bely...@gmail.com>
Subject jsvc hangs shell
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 20:30:29 GMT
Hello,

I installed 0.7.5 to my Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit from package at
deb http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/debian 07x main

And I met really strange problem.
Any shell command that requires Cassandra's jsvc command line (for
example, "ps -ef", or "top" with cmdline args) - just hangs.
Using STRACE I found out that commands hang during reading
/proc/<cassandra jsvc pid>/cmdline.
I tried to "cat" the file - shell hung.

I tried both OpenJDK and Sun JDK - the bug remains.
I tried 0.6.13 on the same machine - works fine.
I tried 0.7.5 on another machine (with older Ubuntu) - works fine.

I believe this is not a Cassandra bug. But I am not sure where to ask
help with the problem.
Could you please advise what should I check to find out where is the problem?

Thanks.
Anton.