From Christopher Deutsch <cassan...@ispeakdeutsch.com>
Subject Re: How to configure internode encryption in 0.8.0?
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 00:01:18 GMT
On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Sameer Farooqui
<cassandralabs@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, the default instructions in the above link used TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA.
So, when I start Cassandra now, I get this error:
> ERROR 00:10:38,734 Exception encountered during startup.
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot support TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA
  with currently installed providers
>         at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.CipherSuiteList.<init>(CipherSuiteList.j
     ava:79)
>         at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLServerSocketImpl.setEnabledCipherSuit
     es(SSLServerSocketImpl.java:166)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.security.SSLFactory.getServerSocket(SSLFactory.j
     ava:55)

You might want to double check that you have  the Java policy files
installed that allow strong crypto-- I found I needed to install them
when working on our encrypted Cassandra setup. They're available for
download from

    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

Look for the link to "Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited
Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 6".

--
Christopher Deutsch <cdeutsch@ispeakdeutsch.com>