From Christopher Deutsch <>
Subject Re: How to configure internode encryption in 0.8.0?
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 00:01:18 GMT
On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Sameer Farooqui
<> wrote:
> Unfortunately, the default instructions in the above link used TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA.
So, when I start Cassandra now, I get this error:
> ERROR 00:10:38,734 Exception encountered during startup.
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot support TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA
  with currently installed providers
>         at<init>(CipherSuiteList.j
>         at
>         at

You might want to double check that you have  the Java policy files
installed that allow strong crypto-- I found I needed to install them
when working on our encrypted Cassandra setup. They're available for
download from

Look for the link to "Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited
Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 6".

Christopher Deutsch <>

View raw message