From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra causing very high load on CPU's 0.6.3
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 16:51:44 GMT
On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Ali Ahsan <ali.ahsan@panasiangroup.com> wrote:
> On 05/12/2011 04:08 PM, Ali Ahsan wrote:
>>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I am experience some problem with me two Cassandra node with RF=2,Both
>> node CPU's usage is very high,load average: 9.47, 5.72, 5.11 and this
>> causing my application to time out .I have xeon with 8 processor and 16 GB
>> of Ram.and LVM setup for Cassandra.How can i trace the main issue of load i
>> have no swap and swappies also set to 0.I am running Centos 5.5 64 Bit.
>
> Add to this i am using openjdk not sunjdk will this be an issue ?

It is indeed advised to use sunjdk as openjdk is a bit behind as far
as bug fixes are
concerned.

Moreover, 0.6.3 is pretty old now and we do have fixed a number of
issue related to
load spikes, so before investigating further the best advice I can
give you is to upgrade
(either to 0.6.13 if you really feel like staying on 0.6, or to 0.7.5).

--
Sylvain